The DCD Classical 'Cast is also available as an enhanced podcast. When played through iTunes, the DCD Enhanced Classical 'Cast displays the album art of the works as they play, and provide links to webpages where you can find out more information and purchase the selections.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

DCD 012 – Nighttime in Virginia, or “Say Hello to My Little Friend”

Usually there’s a very slender window of time open for me to record the DCD Classical ‘Cast. As I was setting levels, I heard a cricket singing loud and clear in the corner of the studio. I wasn’t able to track him down, and given the choice of delaying the recording for a couple of weeks or plunging ahead and hoping the mic wouldn’t pick up the sound, I chose the latter. While I didn’t really hear it on the headphones, Jimminy came through loud and clear on the final recording. I apologize, and can only hope that with the change in weather, this will be a one-time problem.

This program features works that range from solo piano pieces to full orchestral movements. We also share a few selections from our top-selling recording for August, 2006. Which release is it? You’ll have to listen – it’s not listed in the show notes below.

- Ralph Graves
President, DCD Records

This program we feature the following:
Gottschalk: “Souvenire de la Havane”
Crystonyx

Bliss: String Quartet No. 1 in B flat major, Mvt. 4 Vivace

Troubadisc

Rosner: “Motet,” from Five Meditations, Op. 36
Laurel Records

Three selections from the DCD Top of the Charts for August, 2006

No comments: